Hope you all enjoyed Earth Day this year! We sure did. Before we headed off to our Earth Day activities, we had a Silk Fruit and Protein party. So much fun!
Check out these great Silk Fruit&Protein Flavors
- Silk Fruit&Protein Mango Peach
Silk Fruit&Protein Mango Peach offers an exotic blend of juicy mango, sweet peach and more.
- Silk Fruit&Protein Mixed Berry
Silk Fruit&Protein Mixed Berry offers a tangy-sweet blend of blueberry, raspberry and more.
- Silk Fruit&Protein Strawberry Banana
Silk Fruit&Protein Strawberry Banana offers a classic blend of creamy banana, refreshing strawberry and more.
Not only is this a great beverage to serve my guests, but it also made a great ingredient in an old family recipe!
8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup Silk MixedBerry *choose your own flavor!*
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (or strong coffee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly sweetened softly whipped cream
How to prepare…
- 1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on high-speed beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow, about 6 minutes. In a another bowl, mix flour and baking powder. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add flour mixture a little at a time and beat until smooth. Scrape batter into a buttered 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake in a 325° regular oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl condensed milk, evaporated milk, Silk Mixed Berry, Coffee or Kahlua, and vanilla until well blended. Pour evenly over hot cake; let cool about 15 minutes, then cover and chill until cake has absorbed all the milk mixture. May take several hrs to absorb.
- 4. Cut into squares or rectangles, lift out and set on plates. Top each piece of cake with a spoonful of whipped cream and garnish with coconut or fruit (I sometimes do this step while cake is still warm).
I love to share so here comes the giveaway…
I am giving
1 free Silk Fruit and Protein coupon
1 Nice Plastic Silk Cup & lid
10 small compostable Silk cups
1 Silk Magnet
3 $1 off Silk coupons
1 $5 Visa card
1 crazy silly straw
Now this is what you do… You must do at least two of the following…
leave a comment for each.
Like Silk on Facebook
Like espacularaiesa on Facebook
Leave a comment telling me which flavor you want to try.
Ends May 3 2012 at 11:59pm